Translate

Saturday, February 5, 2011

RIP: Tura 'Varla' Satana



Plan9Crunch has a sad note to pass on: Cult actress Tura Satana, best known for her kick#@@ roles in Russ Meyers' Faster Pussycat Kill Kill and Ted V. Mikels' The Doll Squad, has died of heart failure, her manager states. A New York Times arts blog report is here

Above is a memorable scene of Tura in Mikels' The Doll Squad. If you time tonight, watch Faster Pussycat ... again. It's a classic cult film. We'll hopefully have more on Tura in the next few days.
Doug Gibson

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My sincere condolences to her family members. From the photos I've seen posted on the internet over the last few years, she seemed like a wonderful person.I wish I could have met her, I think we would have gotten along really swell!